Upclick blog news ecommerce platform

Upclick Blog

What is happening?

Enjoy your reading about the e-commerce best practices.

Search by Category

Latest Blogs



E-commerce is a continuously evolving new world of possibilities, and we must pay attention to trends.

There are many mistakes that can be easily avoided when building an e-commerce site. Let's look at 6 checkpoints that can dramatically improve your website in no time.

1) Don’t assume your products will sell themselves

Even if you have the most amazing products, you won't get any online sales without a precise strategy or marketing plan. No matter the product, the key is finding the niche market for your product. According to LiveStats there are more than 984,931,270 websites live right now, and this number grows every millisecond*. This means that when yours goes live it needs to be unique in order to catch your consumers’ attention. This also means you must take the time to optimize the SEO and analyse the competition

2) Don’t forget a contact page

This one is obvious, but there are still many websites with unclear or missing contact pages. If you do not provide contact information, your customers will be less inclined to buy your product because they won’t be able to contact you, should they need support, a refund or a return of their purchase. As an online software merchant, you should have a contact page with the entire contacting information, and the main phone number on all pages at the top right corner of the page.

3) Don’t forget to put a logo, pictures of the product, details and descriptions

The more information you make available, the more it will draw people to purchase your products. Online buyers cannot physically touch the product so you must appeal to their vision sense. Adding other consumers’ reviews is also beneficial to increasing your conversions. Having a distinctive logo, product images and consistent branding is very important for any type of product. Well branded products also perform better and build trust in the mind of consumers.*

4) Don’t underestimate the power or coupons, bundles, cross-sells, up-sells and post-sells

People love getting discounts. The trick to selling online software is to sell advantageous packages for your clients. Upclick usually combines cross-sell and up-sell offers to ensure maximum revenue stream during the purchase funnel. We enable you to test different cross-sell products and scenarios to determine the optimal way to generate extra revenue. Upclick provides you with all the necessary such as coupons and discounts that you can apply on top of your cross-sell to convert better and determine which channel, location, pricing or target is the most appropriate to your business. Furthermore, a study by Key Ring revealed that 80.4 percent of shoppers said that their perception of a retailer improved when the retailer offered mobile deals and coupons.*

5) Don’t forget to adapt your price to the location

One of the main benefits of selling online is that you can sell globally. In order to do this properly you must adapt your prices to the different markets, and display the price in their local currency. If we look at Statista, 13% of all online consumers abandon a cart if the price is not displayed in their local currency. Upclick's geo-targeting shopping cart works with IP address detection to automatically identify your customer’s location. With this information we display the checkout page in the local language, currency and offer the right payment methods in order to ensure the best shopping experience. More details in an upcoming blog...

6) Don’t forget to be mobile friendly

Not so surprisingly, mobile online shopping has surpassed desktop online shopping according to a study done by Comscore data.
Indeed, 44% of retail Internet minutes are spent on mobile phones, and 11% of retail Internet minutes are spent on tablets. With a sum of 55%, we can deduct that more than half of all online shopping is done on mobile devices. Needless to say, you lose half of all your potential sales if you site is not adapted for mobile.

To conclude, you must always pay attention to what is going on in the relatively new e-commerce world. What is true today won't necessarily be the case tomorrow.