HOW TO USE UPCLICK TO TRACK YOUR CONVERSION FUNNEL
Let's look at how to implement Upclick tracking in order to have full visibility on your conversion funnels; focusing on specific and widely used scenarios.
It all starts with your website…
Regardless of the source of your traffic, a potential customer will always land on a page in your website. For the purpose of this exercise, we will assume the following:
- A specific webpage can receive traffic from multiple sources. The page is part of your main website and it has one or multiple clear calls to action (e.g. “Buy Now” or “Upgrade Now”).
- You need to be able to identify how the visitor came to your page; is the visit organic, driven by one of your marketing campaigns, or 3rd party (affiliate) driven.
- You must have the ability to carry all this information to a sale in order to identify the success of your marketing efforts.
- You should be able to identify the drop-off points of your conversion funnel, in order to be able to improve it.
Upclick provides you the ability to follow up with potential clients from the moment they become page visitors through a completed sale. And more!
To get detailed information on the Upclick tracking abilities, please refer to: http://docs.upclick.com/show/english/merchants/tracking.aspx
At the roots
Upclick tracking utilizes a dual methodology, involving both java script (cookie based) and server side (click gate) tracking of the visitor. Both methods work hand in hand, allowing the merchant to pass and carry through the conversion funnel a series of parameters that can be grouped into 3 main categories:
- Upclick provided; these parameters are mandatory for our platform to function properly. However, they can also be used to track your conversion funnel.
- Merchant custom; these are dynamic parameters that can be passed to Upclick on the fly, allowing you to label your conversion channels accordingly.
- Affiliate custom; similar to the merchant custom parameter, but dedicated to affiliate use.
In addition, Upclick already integrates with several 3rd party tracking platforms, allowing you to populate specific data on the sale confirmation page:
- Google Analytics
- WebTrends Analytics
- PPC conversion tracking (Google AdWords, Bing Ads, Yahoo Ads…)
Upclick also allows you to use pixel tracking (internal or 3rd party provided), by inserting it dynamically into thank-you pages and adding a custom tracking script (subject to approval).
Properly integrated, Upclick tracking proves a 98+% success rate on tracking every step of the conversion funnel, from visitors to completed online sales and even further: rebills and sales over the phone.